Wednesday, October 25, 2006

35 Weeks and Still NO Baby!!

Well we thought he was on his way this past weekend. On Friday night the intensity of my contractions increased at about 6:30. Marc was at the BC lions game, mom and dad were upstairs, but I didn't want to say anything, because I think we are all sick of false calls. Anyway at 7:00 the contractions were 7-8 minutes apart, by the time Marc got home from the game at 11:00 they were 2-3 min apart! I really didn't want to go the hospital so tried my darndest to hold off. By 1:00am the contractions were quite a bit more painful. I called my dr's pager and she said to come in immediately... stating "I think this may be it!!" Once at the hospital I was checked and they found no progress, they kept me for a few hours to monitor me and the baby. The hooked me up to an IV to try to stop the contractions as I am still premature, and sure enough it worked! But the next morning I started having some "show"... called my dr again, and she was convinced that I would go into active labour within the next 48 hrs!! Well apparently she was wrong, as this little guy is still inside my belly. However, the dr's comment really kicked our butt into gear... we got our labour and baby bags packed and made sure the car seat was ready!! We also called our dear friend Matt Kennedy, who has just started doing professional photography and asked him to come over so he could take some pic, as it suddenly dawned on us that we may not have another opportunity to take pictures of me pregnant!! You know a good friend when he dropped everything and was at the house within ten minutes. We had a blast taking them and he did an amazing job... so if you ever need a photographer, give me a shout and I can hook you up!!!

Oh yeah one more thing... as of midnight last night, I am officially OFF bedrest!!! I can't wait to get out and do things... first things first...shopping and church!!! I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts over the past 15 weeks... you all have made a HUGE difference!!! Below are some pics... the nursery is in the making... we still have some work to do on it. The pic of the baby is the latest taken at a 34 week ultrasound, they believes he weighs between 5-6lbs!!

3 comments:

Tawny said...

shopping yes we do need to do that! I am game! this weekend for sure. You do look absolutely adorable pregnant! It is a great look for you!!! You are getting there it could be any day now!!
love Tawny

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous dahling! I am so thrilled that everything is going well despite the pains. How strange that it got sooooooo close. That little guy is doing is best as is mummy to hold it together. Even though you can get up and go more now, hopefully he'll wait just a few more weeks.
The nursery looks fabulous too... love the colours.
God bless! Lots of love oxox

Anonymous said...

What a great job of "hangin' in there" you have done. Great pics, what a treasure they will be. Blessings on you three.
Carol R.