Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy Birthday

Marc!!
Well I wanted to send a shout out to my husband yesterday as it was his birthday and he turned 31!!! But unfortunately this little boy of ours decided to steel his thunder. Yesterday we had quite an eventful day, the morning started out as normal, Marc opening his gifts, having some lunch and Marc heading to the office. Mom and I were doing our thing, having tea and watching our daily lineup of TV shows when she casually mentioned that my belly looked different today and questioned whether or not I thought I had "dropped". 10 minutes later I took one of my many trips to the bathroom and noticed some "show" (I am not going to explain what that is, as it may gross out some of the male readers, but if you care to Google it please feel free). I called Marc on the cell asking him to turn around and called the Dr, saying I was heading to the hospital. We all really thought this was "it" and baby and Daddy would share a birthday. Anyway mom and I proceeded to gather our things to make our way to the hosp... it was pure entertainment watching mom scurry around getting everything in order, from making sure the dogs were feed to making sure she was dressed. At one point she had all the bags in her hands and car keys ready and I had to ask her if she was going to get dressed, she was too distracted making sure I was okay... we were finally making our way out the door when I asked if I could borrow her cell phone, she searched her bag and handed me the hand sanitizer instead. However, believe it or not we made it to the hospital safe and sound!! I was even impressed with her driving, safe but adequately quick... mom has a tendency of staying in the "slow" lane whenever she drives and does not believe in overtaking the ever so slow trucks that are also in that lane. Anyway we made it to the hospital and I was put on the monitors. My contractions started to increase and they became a bit more painful... to tell you the truth I think I may be a bit of a wimp. So the contractions continued but the "show" did not increase. They continued to monitor me for 6 more hours and decided it was best for me to go home, as I would not get any sleep in the case room. After many "special" exams it was determined that my cervix has shortened and we now stand in limbo... this could be the start of a long labour or it could be nothing at all. So here I am again lying in bed waiting for something to progress. Here is hoping he can stay still till 33 weeks... only 4 more days!!

Anyway I want to wish my amazing husband a
Happy Birthday!!

Marc,
Your son and I love you so very much and can not thank you enough for all that you do. You are an amazing caregiver, encourager, advocate and friend to us both. We love.

Love Always

Natalie and Your Baby Boy!!
xoxxooxoxoxo

4 comments:

The Douglas Family said...

Most of you already know this, but for those of you who don't I'll tell you...my wife is amazing! To see how she has handled everything that has been thrown at her the last 5 1/2 months has been unbelievable. I can only imagine how much more amazing she is going to be as a mother!! I can't wait for this new part of our life to start!

Love you babe!!
xxoo

The Douglas Family said...

Also - just wanted to say a quick thanks to both my mom and mum for the amazing dinner we had yesterday and to everyone else for celebrating with me as well as a BIG thank you to ........ (did you really think I'd put his name) for not stealing my thunder on Friday...your time will come and I know there will be no thunder left to steal once you arrive (but if you could help out your Daddy a little and arrange things for an Oct. 24th or Nov. 2nd arrival that would be great!!)

Anonymous said...

Marc & Natalie, you are an amazing exampe of such a wonderful relationship, the way God intended it to be. I only hope that my marriage (if God EVER sees fit, my ovaries are screaming!!!) will be as successful and happy as yours is. It's all in His hands I suppose anyway. My love to you both and baby.

xox

Anonymous said...

A VE-R-R-R-Y BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARC! I'm so sorry I did not realize your birthday was the day before Jelisse's. I am sure everyone made you very happy, so my wishes, although late, will add to those who came before me.

I am happy your big surprise did not come early ... I just want him to stay warm until his OWN true birthday. How about October 20 for his Great Grannie's special day? Although I'd rather he waited until November instead.

Thank you for being such a great husband to our Natalie, she certainly has deserved it. Thank you for taking care of her through this event... when of course you should as you took part in it anyway! ;)

I wish you a wonderful year ahead, a year of special surprises .... no sleep, nappies, no sleep, poopies, no sleep, barf, no sleep, burp, no sleep, feed, no sleep, pee fountains, no sleep.... .... .... .... .... .... but then he will be your own pride and joy and full of lots of fun and giggles.

God bless you as you enter the new life of fatherhood following this birthday ... you have all the makings I can already tell.

Love Auntie Jan xoxo